Making a Difference Awards shortlist announced
(31 March 2015)
The Making a Difference Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of staff and students and celebrate how they are making a difference. Staff from across the Faculty of Humanities have been shortlisted for the awards which take place on Thursday, 7 May.
Shortlisted entries from our Faculty:
Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Dr Leandro Minuchin, Manchester Architecture Research Centre, School of Environment, Education and Development
Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Dr Tom McCunnie, School of Social Sciences
Outstanding aspiring Social Enterprise of the Year (Trading for less than 1-year)
- Ruth Daniel, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Outstanding aspiring Social Enterprise of the Year (Trading more than 1-year)
- Amy Win, former student in the School of Social Sciences
- Dr Joanne Tippett, School of Environment, Education and Development
Outstanding local community collaboration
- Tine Buffel, School of Social Sciences and Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing (MICRA)
Outstanding Professional Support Services for social responsibility
- Alex Waddington, Communications and Marketing Team, Faculty of Humanities
Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability award (Student)
- Gabriele Schliwa, PhD student, School of Environment, Education and Development
Policy@Manchester also received a Commended Certificate in the Making a Difference Awards. The certificate is in recognition of the initiative’s work in the ‘outstanding public engagement’ category.
For the full shortlist visit the Making a Difference website.