Manchester Methods Summer School 2015
(17 April 2015)
The third Manchester Methods Summer School, organised by methods@manchester, will be held from 6 to 10 July 2015. The Summer School will offer a range of specialist courses covering a variety of topics that are particularly relevant to postgraduate and Early Career Researchersin the Faculty of Humanities.
Courses include software training, qualitative and quantitative analysis, area studies, and research design. The course content is based on approaches from across the five Schools in the Faculty.
The Summer School runs for one week, with participants choosing a single course for the duration of the school. Each course will deliver four days of content to a five-day timetable (Monday afternoon to Friday lunch-time), building on successful methods@manchester and Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research short-courses run throughout the year.
Courses so far include:
- Advanced methods for social network analysis (SNA)
- Content analysis for online data
- Structural equation modelling using Mplus
- Integrated mixed-methods research
- Introduction to social network analysis (SNA) using UCINET and Netdraw