Sustainability Challenge 2015: Volunteer Facilitators needed
(4 August 2015)
This year’s Sustainability Challenge take place on Tuesday, 22 September. To help facilitate this event, which includes 1500 first year undergraduates from across the University, staff from all areas are being encouraged to sign up as volunteer facilitators.
The Sustainability Challenge will take place in University Place on the afternoon of Tuesday, 22 September when students will take part in a three-hour simulation exercise, based on the fictitious University of Millchester’s new Campus East Development. Students will work in interdisciplinary groups to plan the new campus, in the context of changes to climate policy to address extreme weather events around the world.
To be a Volunteer Facilitator you do not need to work in a student-facing role, but you do need to be confident in communicating to, and managing, diverse groups of students. Full training will be provided.
If you would like to be considered for this role, you must:
- be available on Sustainability Challenge Day on Tuesday, 22 September, 12.30-5.30pm
- be available for training on either Monday, 14 September or Wednesday, 16 September, 10am-4pm
- if necessary, have your line manager’s permission for you to take part.
Find out more and express your interest
- Read and complete Volunteer Facilitator Role Description and Expression of Interest Form
- Read about Sustainability Challenge 2014
- Sign up for an optional Volunteer Information Session on Wednesday, 12 August