ESRC Impact Acceleration Account
(25 November 2015)
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) has awarded The University of Manchester over £860k to deliver the Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) until 31 March 2018. The IAA is used to fund knowledge exchange activities to accelerate the impact of research in the social sciences, across the University.
The aims of the IAA are to:
- increase knowledge exchange through staff exchanges/placements between the University and user organisations;
- align external partners and academics strategically to extend collaboration and shape the research agenda, including through research co-production;
- to collaborate with external partners and influence policy and practice through research-based policy/evidence seminars;
- provide training, workshops and tools development to extend the University’s culture of engagement into new and innovative areas;
- provide flexible and innovative opportunities for researchers to translate research into practice.
In 2014/15, the ESRC IAA funded 19 projects, totalling over £287k with £238k partner contributions (direct and in-kind). Applications are now invited under the fourth call for proposals. For this call, the ESRC IAA panel will particularly welcome applications that address the following strategic themes:
- Devo Manc
- Big data
- Mental health
- The economy and productivity
- New ways of working and living in the digital age
- Addressing global inequalities
If you have any queries, please contact ESRC IAA.