Associate Dean for Postgraduate Research role
(5 December 2016)
Applications are invited from academic members of the Faculty of Humanities for the post of Associate Dean (Postgraduate Research), which will be vacant from 1 September 2017 when the term of office of the current Associate Dean, Professor Maja Zehfuss, comes to an end.
The postholder will lead on a number of key areas including:
- developing and implementing the Faculty’s Postgraduate Research (PGR) Strategy;
- providing overall direction for the PGR and the Researcher Development Teams to ensure that PSS operational priorities are in-line with University and Faculty strategies;
- leading on activities associated with the ESRC North West Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP) and the AHRC North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership (NWCDTP);
- supporting and co-ordinating strategies for PGR student recruitment, including funding strategies;
- overseeing the quality assurance of PGR programmes across the Faculty via the chairing of annual monitoring meetings and school PGR Review.
The postholder will work closely with the Associate Vice-President (Research) and the Associate Deans for Postgraduate Research of the other two Faculties to contribute to The University of Manchester’s strategic research ambitions taking account of the international and UK context of PGR activity.
This is a senior post within the Faculty and the successful applicant will be of an appropriate status with a proven track record of successful performance in a senior academic administrative/management role.
The post carries a 60% workload adjustment and non-superannuable responsibility allowance of £9,000 per annum.
- The post will be for a period of three years in the first instance. A job description and person specification is on the Faculty Intranet.
Applications should consist of a brief curriculum vitae and a supporting letter demonstrating how you would undertake the duties and responsibilities attached to the post, and your ideas for further development of the role.
Colleagues with an interest in this post are invited to discuss this informally with Colette Fagan (firstname.lastname@example.org; 306-6935).
Applications should be submitted electronically to:
Jo Kaiserman, Head of PGR and Internationalisation Support Services, Faculty of Humanities
The closing date for applications is midnight on 13 January 2017.
Interviews are provisionally set for the 1 February 2017.