ESRC awards £860k to University
(9 July 2015)
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) has awarded The University of Manchester over £860,000 to deliver the Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) until 31 March 2018.
And the next few months is when you need to think about your proposal, if you want to apply for some of the funding.
The IAA will be used to fund knowledge exchange activities to accelerate the impact of research in the social sciences, across the University.
The aims of the IAA are to:
- increase knowledge exchange through staff exchanges/placements between the University and user organisations
- align external partners and academics strategically to extend collaboration and shape the research agenda, and influence policy and practice through policy/evidence seminars
- provide training, workshops and tools development to extend the University’s culture of engagement into new and innovative areas
- provide flexible and innovative opportunities for researchers to translate research into practice
In 2014/15, the ESRC IAA funded 19 projects, totalling over £287k, with £238k partner contribution (direct and in-kind).
- Watch a video case study, showcasing work delivered via the ESRC IAA.
Applications are invited under the third call for proposals. The deadline is noon on 5 October 2015. For more information read the following documents:
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.