Sustainability Challenge volunteering opportunity
(17 July 2016)
The University is looking for academic and PSS staff and PGR students, to volunteer to support the delivery of the ‘Sustainability Challenge’ on Tuesday 20 September. The Challenge forms part of the 2016 Manchester Welcome for all first-year students. A wide range of PSS and academic staff have already signed up but further volunteers are still required, especially as facilitators.
Staff do not need any expertise relating to sustainability to volunteer! To be a facilitator you just need to be confident in working with groups of students. The role is to encourage, guide and support three to four groups of students as they work through the challenge.
Full training will be provided, including the opportunity to work through the challenge with colleagues. Facilitators come from all academic schools and all parts of the PSS. Everyone who volunteered last year really enjoyed the training and the event, and most are coming back again this year.
Interested staff can attend a short briefing session on either:
- Wednesday 29 June – 1.00-1.45pm: University Place 6.210
- Monday 4 July – 1.00-1.45pm: Alan Turing G209
- Thursday 7 July – 12.00-12.45pm: Sackville St G37
A takeaway sandwich lunch will be provided. To support the planning process colleagues should register their intention to attend the event by signing up via Eventbrite.
- Volunteers can find out more information and sign up, either as a facilitator, or in one of the other volunteer support roles, on the SDCE website.
- If you can’t attend the briefings, but have questions for the organisers, please contact Sian Yeowell or Colette Cooke in the Student Development and Community Engagement Division (x52851).