Shared areas down this weekend
(30 June 2015)
Due to the Kilburn Building Data Centre move, there are expected to be outages to the following services:
Friday 3 to Sunday 5 July - Outages on some services, including some shared network areas.
Some services will be shut down at 5pm and are expected to remain unavailable until the evening of Sunday 5 July.
You may know your shared network area as your "G: Drive", "S: Drive" or similar.
There will also be future outages later on in July on P:drives (17-19 July) and other shared network areas, with the date for these to be confirmed.
During this weekend, there will be outages on the following services
- Some shared areas:
- ss1.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly FLS and MHS staff)
- ss2.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly Humanities staff)
- ss2a.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly Humanities staff)
- ss3a.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly FLS and MHS staff)
- EPS Condor service
- EPS Pi server
To confirm if you will be affected by the shared area outages, follow these instructions on a Windows 7 Managed Desktop PC:
- Click the 'Start' menu and select 'Computer'
- Look in the "Network Location" section of the window and find the shared drive(s) you normally use
- The server name will be listed next to the icon of your shared drive - See the screenshot on this page.
Current dates for future expected outages are:
- Friday 17 July - The P: drives personal area service will be switched off at 5pm and is expected to be unavailable until the evening of Sunday 19 July.
- Campus Solutions, HR ResourceLink and the Finance System will experience short outages of approximately 30 minutes whilst services are transferred to the new datacentre during the weekend of 4/5 July.
There will also be outages for some specific services that affect fewer users; the owners of these services are being contacted directly.