Making a Difference award winners announced
(15 May 2016)
Last week’s Making a Difference Awards recognised staff and students for their commitment to social responsibility and the impact their work has had on a wide range of communities. There were 12 staff, student and team successes from the Faculty of Humanities across several categories, highlighting the breadth of commitment our colleagues have shown to social responsibility over the past year. Congratulations go to the following people and teams.
- Professor Claire Alexander, School of Social Sciences, Outstanding benefit to society through research.
- Dr Nicola Banks, School of Environment, Education and Development, Outstanding contribution to social enterprise.
- Ilyas Nagdee, student, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, Inspiring Communities: student and winner of Outstanding contribution to widening participation: student
- Michelle Kipling, Alliance Manchester Business School, Outstanding professional support services support for social responsibility.
- Dr Anna Gilchrist, School of Environment, Education and Development, Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability.
- Dr Jenna Ashton, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, Outstanding contribution to social enterprise.
- The University of Manchester Legal Advice Centre, School of Law, Inspiring Communities: public.
- The Prometh3us Programme Team, Alliance Manchester Business School, Inspiring Communities.
- The ‘Read with SEED’ team from the School of Environment, Education and Development, Inspiring Communities: public
- Sarah Haughey, student, School of Social Science, Inspiring Communities: student.
- Yasmin Mannan, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, Outstanding contribution to equality and diversity.
Find out more
- Read more about the dinners and their projects on the Social Responsibility webpage.
- Watch the awards ceremony on YouTube.