New online advice and guidance to students
(29 October 2015)
A series of new microsites have been launched to help provide students with key information they may need during their time at the University. The ten sites cover all stages of the student lifecycle, from exams to volunteering, and provide simple and up-to-date information.
Staff are encouraged to promote these websites to students as they have now replaced the Crucial Guide Live. Information will be regularly updated by the content owners to make sure students are kept up to date of any changes.
- Exams: Information, support and advice about the most important assessments in a taught student's academic career.
- Explore: Helping students find their way around campus, and make the most of the city of Manchester.
- Get involved: Activities and facilities students have access to that will help them make the most of their time in Manchester.
- Go abroad: Details of the life-changing opportunities for students to study, work, volunteer or spend a summer abroad.
- Graduation: Information about what to do before and on the day, as well as accessing transcripts after graduation.
- Peer Support: Students support each other in all sorts of ways at Manchester, including Peer Mentoring and PASS.
- Regulations and policies: Simple to understand introductions to every student- and PGR-related regulation and policy.
- Student support: Academic, health, financial and immigration advice and guidance, including where to get help on campus.
- Volunteers: Completely redeveloped student volunteering microsite, including a new campus-wide volunteering portal.
- Your Say for Your Uni: Showing students how their voice and contribution makes a real difference to their experience of their University.
If you think something is missing, or wish to give feedback, then please email email@example.com with the details.