Planned maintenance this weekend
(10 November 2015)
On Saturday, 14 November the University’s ‘Isilon’ network storage is being updated meaning you will not have access to your personal file storage, among other services.
This update is a result of two major incidents caused by issues with the file storage system. Fixes are available but require an upgrade to the software that manages the system, both of which will be happening on this date. The update will begin at 6am on Saturday and should be completed by midday.
You must save any open files and log off your University computer before the work takes place, otherwise recent changes may be lost.
Managed Desktop computers – including student PC clusters - will have reduced functionality. You will be able to log in and use the basic software applications, but you will not have access to documents on your P:Drive or other files on your desktop.
Which services will be unavailable during this work?
- Personal network storage e.g. My Documents
- The Video Library Service
- The Library services eScholar and digitisation
- The Electronic Software Delivery Service (ESD)
- Personal web pages
- Manchester Business School Applications portal (Eircom)
- Whitworth Art Gallery electronic collections system
- Manchester Museum collections management
- Some shared network storage areas
For updates on the work place check the Service Notification System.