Funding available to support community engagement activity
(4 September 2016)
Ken McPhail, Vice-Dean for Social Responsibility, invites applications for funding to support activities relating to the Faculty’s key priority of engaging with our communities.
This funding is intended to support existing activity that could be enhanced through the addition of public engagement activities. These could be, but are not limited to:
- public lectures or seminars;
- exhibitions and showcases;
- externally facing publications, films, blogs and webpages.
All areas of activity will be considered, but those relating to the following areas are particularly encouraged:
- interdisciplinary events or those with partners in other faculties or external organisations;
- activities relating to the Humanities-led research beacon of Addressing Global Inequalities;
- activities which improve the signposting and accessibility of key research projects impacting on local communities, for example through the Devo Manc Hub;
By engaging and partnering with a range of people and organisations, we aim to harness our knowledge and resources to make a difference in our local communities and wider society.
All funding is for activities taking place during 2016-17.
- For further information and to apply, please visit the social responsibility pages on Humnet.