MUI welcomes Simon and Hallsworth visiting Professors
(13 April 2017)
As part of its programme of launch activities, Manchester Urban Institute (MUI) is hosting a number of visiting Professors during April, May and June 2017. The visiting Professorships enable eminent scholars with an international reputation to visit the University to assist in its research and teaching.
The visiting Professors are:
- Associate Professor Ute Lehrer, York University, Toronto;
- Professor Roger Keil, York University, Toronto;
- Professor-in-Residence Stephanie Pincetl, University of California, Los Angeles;
- Professor Timothy Moss, Humboldt University, Berlin;
- Professor Xiangzheng Deng, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.
Amongst other activities, the visiting Professors will be involved with a number of talks, seminars and workshops during their stay including:
26 April 16.00-17.30, G35/36 Arthur Lewis Building
Living the High Life: Making the millennial metropolis in Toronto’s condoland
2 May 12.00-14.00, G35/36 Arthur Lewis Building
Urban Activism Panel
Roger Keil, Ute Lehrer, Stephanie Pincetl
4 May 12.00-14.00, 1.69/1.70 Humanities Bridgeford Street
Environmental Futures Panel
Roger Keil, Tim Moss, Stephanie Pincetl
31 May 12.00-14.00, G35/36 Arthur Lewis Building
Conceptualising Germany’s Energy Transition: Institutions, Materiality, Power, Space
Tim Moss, Ludger Gailing
- You can find out more about the events on the MUI website.