Funding available to engage with our communities
(19 October 2017)
Do you engage with the public or would you like to? The Vice-Dean for Social Responsibility invites applications for funding to support activities relating to our key priority of engaging with our communities.
This funding is intended to support existing activity which could be enhanced through the addition of public engagement activities. These could be, but are not limited to:
- public lectures or seminars;
- exhibitions and showcases;
- external facing publications, films, blogs and webpages.
All areas of activity will be considered but those relating to the following areas are particularly encouraged:
- interdisciplinary events or those with partners in other Faculties or external organisations;
- activities relating to the Humanities-led research beacon of Global Inequalities;
- activities which improve the signposting and accessibility of key research projects impacting on local communities, for example through the Devo Manc Hub;
- activities which take our work out to the underrepresented communities in the ten boroughs of the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) (i.e. actually involving the people of, and/or taking place in, Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford or Wigan);
By engaging and partnering with a range of people and organisations we are harnessing our knowledge and resources to make a difference in our local communities and wider society.
- For further information and to apply please visit the Social Responsibility pages on Humnet.