Nominations are open for the Outstanding Alumni Awards 2018
(8 December 2017)
Nominations are now open for the Outstanding Alumni Awards 2018.
These awards recognise the achievements of our alumni, raising aspirations within our student community and developing the University’s profile nationally and internationally.
The awards are presented annually, either during the July graduation ceremonies or at a mutually convenient time. The University aims to have one recipient for each faculty per year.
The Outstanding Alumni are presented to members of the University’s alumni who have achieved distinction:
- in their field or profession;
- through exemplary service to the University or the wider community;
- through outstanding service of a personal or humanitarian nature locally, nationally or internationally.
When considering your nominee, career achievement, rather than length of career, should be a key factor. The University would also look to involve recipients in student experience and employability initiatives, such as delivering talks, seminars, workshops or question and answer sessions, either on the day of the award or at a later date. Nominees must be former students and should meet at least one of the above criteria.
Previous Humanities recipients include:
- Alison Nimmo CBE, Chief Executive of the Crown Estate (BA Hons, Town and Country Planning 1985, BPI Planning 1986);
- Dr Mark Kermode – Distinguished Film Critic. Presenter – The Culture Show, BBC 2. (BA Hons English Language & Literature 1985, PhD 1991);
- Dr Michael Napier QC CBE (LLB Law, 1967).
For more information about making an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nominations is Friday 9 February 2018.