Visibility of Blackboard Courses
All Semester 2 courses from the previous academic year (2013-14) will continue to be available to staff until 1 December 2015. See Key Dates for Blackboard 9 on the Knowledge Base.
Contact your School eLearning Technologist(s) if a course is not running next year (e.g. if you are on sabbatical).
If you are planning online exams for May/June for Semester 2 courses:
- Discuss with your exams officer/administration and liaise with the exams office.
- Set a mock online exam to be delivered before the end of the Semester (for student practice).
- Contact your School eLearning Technologist(s)
If you have an online exam scheduled for the forthcoming session:
1-2 weeks before the start of Exams:
- Check the settings for your online exams. If in doubt, liaise with your eLearning Technologist
- Check that Guest accounts have been created by the eLearning team (in case some students are unable to log in on the day)
- If appropriate, create additional instances of the exam (selectively released to students allowed extra time (check with your eLearning Technologist)
On the day of any individual Exam:
- Ensure that the exam is released (i.e. visible to students) before the start of the exam and hidden afterwards
Outside exam schedule
If you are running an exam outside of the exam schedule, please read the following advice:
Submission of Coursework via Turnitin
Set up online submission of coursework via Turnitin. If you have not attended training and would like to set up online submission of coursework via Tii please book onto a training session and let us know which Blackboard section you want to use Turnitin with. Please allow at least 6 weeks before the date of the Assignment. Check with your School (administrator and/or exams officer) whether any training is planned at a School level. If not then come along to one of our Faculty training sessions.
Consider using online/other technologies such as Turning Point handsets or online questionnaires to get mid-course feedback/review (in addition to UEQ).
Your School eLearning Technologist(s) will be happy to provide information and support.
School contacts and drop-ins
Note that Faculty drop-ins in C1.44 Ellen Wilkinson no longer run. Drop-ins are now arranged on a School by School basis. Your School eLearning Leads or eLearning Technologists will keep you informed about drop-ins and other events arranged for your School, and you can also find this information on our calendar:
School Learning Technologists
Get in touch with your School Learning Technologist(s) by using the new School eLearning email addresses:
Email email@example.com for general and Faculty related queries.