Online writing clinic
The writing clinic is a live, online, cross-faculty resource for all postgraduate students at the University of Manchester. It is a drop-in facility which allows you to ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing. It is not an in-sessional writing class.
The clinics take place between 2.00 – 3.00pm on Wednesdays (12 Oct – 30 Nov).
- Enter the following into a web browser: https://zoom.us/join
- Enter the meeting number: 9841467663
- Click ‘Join Meeting’ and follow the instructions (the first time you use Zoom you will have to follow the download instructions)
- Enter your name and your faculty e.g. Anna Hernandez FEPS
Please note: you will need a webcam and headphones to participate in the clinic. However, if you do not have access to a webcam, you can communicate by a chat facility.
Please be aware of the following:
- This is a University-wide resource and so the guidance and feedback given will be generic and not subject/School specific. If you have any subject specific questions (e.g. regarding formatting of your thesis), you should speak to your supervisor/academic advisor or to some other relevant person within your subject field
- This is not an online proofreading service
If you have any questions regarding the online clinic, please email email@example.com.