Creating a Blog
Blogs are fantastic for research and here's why:
- Blogs allow reflection
- Blogs create a record of progress - reflective learning and personal development
- You can encourage commentary, discussion through blog posting
- Blogs can help you to raise your online profile
- Developing research communities online
- You can blog about the product or the process of research!
- Blogging for knowledge transfer, public engagement
- Blogging can help to engage and share ideas
- Bookmarking and tagging posts - for cataloguing
- Flagging up resources
Becoming a blogger is tricky and sometimes is not always an easy transition - you can ease yourself into the process by thinking about the scope of your blog before you even create one. What will you/won't you include? Remember that, just as much as a website or a Facebook profile, your blog is a reflection of your professional persona and your research profile - so be careful about what you post!
You can link your blog up with your website, Twitter feed, Facebook profile as well as LinkedIn, Academia.edu etc.