Global Health (PG Cert)
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
Degree awarded: Postgraduate Certificate
Duration: 12 months
- Applicants should have a Lower Second Class Bachelor's degree or the overseas equivalent although each application is judged on its own merits and exceptions to this entry requirement may be made.
- Applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree or the overseas equivalent may apply if they can demonstrate (via a personal statement) that they can communicate clearly, are highly motivated, and have experience of prior learning.
- REFERENCE PROCEDURE: Applicants will need to nominate a referee who will be asked to comment upon their suitability for the programme and their capacity for combining part-time study with work related duties. Please direct your referee to the online PG Certificate in Global Health reference form here. Please do not follow the guidelines for submitting references which are found in the online application process.
- Applicants should provide a personal statement of no more than 350 words detailing why you wish to study this course and what you think you will bring to it. Within your statement you should include details of any prior learning undertaken within a professional context
Course fees: For entry in the academic year beginning September 2014, the tuition fees are as follows:
- PGCert (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students: £2,100
International students: £2,100
Please note: Only International students who do not require a Tier 4 visa are permitted to study the course part-time. If you are unsure if you require a Tier 4 visa, please consult this page for further information: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/do-you-need-a-visa/.
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees. Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Number of places/applicants: This programme is intended to be scalable so there is no immediate limit on the number of places available.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone: +44 (0) 161 275 0464
How to apply:
Please click here to start your online application to the PG Certificate in Global Health.
Should you meet the requirements of the PG Certificate, you will have the opportunity to progress to the PG Diploma and MSc dissertation conversion years. For more information about the structures of the online programmes in Global Health, please visit the HCRI website.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|