Interactive Academic Engagement with Policy and Practitioner Stakeholders:
Knowledge Exchange Trials
Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
The Institute for Social Change is leading a series of interactive knowledge exchange workshops to bring together leading academics, policy and program stakeholders to facilitate the exchange of ideas, expertise and research.
The workshops will raise awareness of the policy-making process, how research can influence policies and how academics can engage and collaborate with the ‘user community’ in policy and program development and implementation, for demonstrable impact.
Speakers confirmed for KET 8 Intergrated Healthcare include:
- Robin Miller, Senior Fellow, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
- Ed Moses, Deputy Director, Strategic Partnerships, Public Health England
- Tim Muir, Senior Analyst, Department of Health TBC
- Professor Jon Glasby, Director, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
- John Garrett, Deputy Chief Executive, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- Graham Beaumont, Chief Executive, Health Exchange CIC Limited
For more information please see the agenda for KET 8 Integrated Healthcare
The slides from the presentations are now available to view online:
Darren Sugg - Policy & Analysis Case Study
Graham Beaumont - The Health Exchange Experience
Zamila Bunglawala - The Policy Process and the Academic-Policy Knowledge Exchange Divide
Key Messages Report
The Key Messages report for KET8 can be found here.
Health Services Management Centre, Park House, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham, B15 2RT.
Please view the map link for directions to the venue.
The KET 8 workshop on-line registration form is available via the link below:
Bursary support for standard class travel, maximum of £100 per trip, is available upon request
Preference will be given to early and mid-career researchers that require travel support and who meet the following criteria:
- Willingness to attend up to three workshops, where possible;
- Completion of the pre-workshop and post-workshop questionnaires; and
- Participation in one feedback session.
If you would like more information regarding the workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .