Humanities Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Our committee was created to drive forward our work on equality and diversity and to promote an inclusive culture and environment.
The committee is responsible for developing and overseeing Faculty objectives for promoting an inclusive culture and working environment. This includes supporting Schools to achieve Athena SWAN awards and implement agreed actions, working towards the actions agreed in the University's Race Equality Charter mark and supporting colleagues to meet diversity targets for staff and students.
The committee maintains an action log as a record of its achievements, work in progress and plans.
Humanities Equality and Diversity Committee
- Emily Bennett - Liberation and Access Officer, Students' Union
- Kathy Bradley - Equality Diversity and Inclusion Partner
- Alison Hassett - Disability Advisory Support Service Manager
- Remi Joseph-Salisbury - Presidential Fellow, School of Social Sciences
- Susie Miles - Associate Dean for EDI (Chair)
- Eloise Moss - Athena SWAN SAT lead for School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Andrew Mullen - Deputy Director of HR and Head of HR for Humanities
- Sharon Newham - Academic Staff Development Coordinator (Humanities), PA to Professor Linda Evans and Dr Susie Miles (secretary)
- Blaise Nkwenti-Azeh - BAME Staff Network representative
- Dimitris Papadimitriou - Director of Social Responsibility - School of Social Sciences
- Steven Pierce - Disabilty lead, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Stuart Phillipson - Assistant E-Learning Manager, Humanities
- Hannah Rundle - Director of Faculty Operations (Humanities), Faculty of Humanities Administration
- Jenny Rodriquez - Athena SWAN SAT lead for Alliance Manchester Business School
- Alison Wilson - Head of School Operations, Social Sciences and Faculty PS E&D lead
- Laura Winter - EDI Lead, School of Enviroment, Education and Development
- Thursday, 7 April 2022, 13pm - 2.30pm
- Minutes of the meeting held 3 November 2021
- Minutes of the meeting held 14 July 2021
- Minutes of the meeting held 12 January 2021
- Minutes of the meeting held 6 October 2020
Athena Swan Applications
School EDI pages
Race Equality Charter Mark
The Race Equality Charter Mark aims to improve the representation, progression and success of minority ethnic staff and students within higher education. The University of Manchester holds a Bronze award.