Humanities Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Working Group
Our Working Group was created to drive forward our work on equality and diversity and to promote an inclusive culture and environment.
The Working Group is responsible for developing and overseeing Faculty objectives for promoting an inclusive culture and working environment. This includes supporting Schools to achieve Athena SWAN awards and implement agreed actions, working towards the actions agreed in the University's Race Equality Charter mark and supporting colleagues to meet diversity targets for staff and students.
The Working Group maintains an action log as a record of its achievements, work in progress and plans.
Working Group membership
- Dr Rachel Cowen - University Academic Lead of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (gender)
- Kalifa Cuben – Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador, Faculty of Humanities
- Patrick Johnson - Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Remi Joseph-Salisbury - Presidential Fellow, School of Social Sciences
- Ayla Huseyinoglu – Women’s Officer, Students’ Union
- Claire Lloyd - Social Responsibility Manager, Humanities
- Dr Sarah Mohammad-Quershi - Athena SWAN and Race Charter Marks' Coordinator / ED&I Advisor
- Dr Susie Miles - Associate Dean for EDI (Chair)
- Dr Eloise Moss - Athena SWAN SAT lead for School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Sharon Newham - Academic Staff Development Coordinator (Humanities), PA to Professor Linda Evans and Dr Susie Miles (secretary)
- Andrew Mullen - Deputy Director of HR and Head of HR for Humanities
- Dr Jennifer O'Brien - Director of Social Responsibility, School of Environment, Education and Development
- Professor Dimitris Papadimitriou - Director of Social Responsibility - School of Social Sciences
- Stuart Phillipson - Assistant E-Learning Manager, Humanities
- Neelam Rai – Diversity and Inclusion Project Coordinator, Students’ Union
- Dr Isabel Tavora - Athena SWAN SAT lead for Alliance Manchester Business School
- Alison Wilson - Head of School Operations, Social Sciences and Faculty PS E&D lead
Staff at the University can view the minutes and action log on the Humanities Intranet on StaffNet.
Athena Swan Applications
School EDI pages
Race Equality Charter Mark
The Race Equality Charter Mark aims to improve the representation, progression and success of minority ethnic staff and students within higher education. The University of Manchester holds a Bronze award.
View more information on equality, diversity and inclusion here