Our equality and diversity targets
We have set the following targets and operational priorities to ensure we are advancing the University's equality and diversity aims.
Our staff diversity targets:
- To monitor equality and diversity in all appointments and promotions to achieve year on-year improvements in the employment of under-represented groups at all levels.
Our gender and BME staff diversity targets for 2020:
- To increase / achieve a minimum of 47% (currently 33%) of female staff at senior lecturer / professorial level / PSS leadership and management roles.
- To increase / achieve a minimum of 15% (currently 11%) of BME staff at senior lecturer / professorial level / PSS leadership and management roles.
We will do this by:
- Analysing Faculty staff recruitment data from the University eRecruitment system to check progress of under-represented groups.
- Regularly reviewing our staff profile to check progress towards toward targets.
- Continuing to explore the perceptions and experiences of organisational cultural barriers which obstruct progress towards diversity to inform development of additional measures in pursuit of targets.
- Exploring the issues identified from the staff recruitment and academic promotions data; propose, implement, monitor and report on impact of positive action interventions and other measures to be taken in response.
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating initiatives developed as part of Faculty/School Equality and Diversity Action plans as well as actions developed as part of the Athena SWAN applications submitted by Schools.
- Implementing the ECU Race Charter Mark action plan as appropriate in the Faculty.