Study in Humanities
We're home to almost 17,000 students, studying across 36 disciplines in law, business, social sciences, arts, languages and cultures, and environment, education and development.
Our vision to provide an outstanding, research-led student experience will see you quickly develop the skills and knowledge that will make employers sit up and listen.
We will support you to ensure you develop analytical, empirical and critical skills, and become a graduate who is intellectually curious, socially responsible, culturally sensitive and equipped with the skills and abilities to contribute effectively and sensitively to a fast-changing and global environment.
You couldn’t find a better place in which to begin your life's work.
Key facts and figures
- We're the most targeted UK university by graduate employers for the second year running (High Fliers Research, The Graduate Market in 2018).
- 83% of 2018 graduates achieved a 2:1 or above.
- Almost 500 students each year study abroad as part of their course.
- 93% of Humanities graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2016/17).
- Through executive education, we delivered more than 40 programmes to more than 2,000 delegates, from more than 20 national and international organisations over the last year.
- We have centres in Manchester, Brazil, Dubai, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Hear from our students about the highlights of studying the humanities in Manchester.